- 1 ½ - 2 lbs. chicken cut up into serving sizes. (A whole chicken [ 3 - 4 lbs.] will make two pots of chicken.)
- garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, etc. to taste
- your favorite barbecue sauce.
2. Put pot(s) into solar oven.
3. Cook for 1 ¼ - 2 hours in solar oven. Pour off the broth from the chicken (save it for soups or casserole if desired). Add barbecue sauce over top of chicken pieces. Continue to cook for another hour or more as required or desired.
The longer the chicken cooks, the better the flavors blend and the meat is tender.